T3 to T1 Sydney - When does customs occur?

T3 to T1 Sydney - When does customs occur? - Free stock photo of architecture, bridge, building

I've booked tickets from Melbourne to Santiago with Qantas. I'm going MEL to SYD T3 (arrives 9.55am) then SYD T1 to SCL (departs 11.25am) on a Monday. When I transfer between terminals in Sydney, what is the procedure? The checked luggage is already through I'm guessing. I read there's a shuttle bus, how long does it take? Do I then have to go through security and customs again? Is an hour and a half long enough to do all this?

Pictures about "T3 to T1 Sydney - When does customs occur?"

T3 to T1 Sydney - When does customs occur? - Close-Up Photo Of Blue Flower
T3 to T1 Sydney - When does customs occur? - Australia Map
T3 to T1 Sydney - When does customs occur? - Seaport during Golden Hour

How long does it take to get from Terminal 3 to terminal 1 at Sydney Airport?

The T-Bus is Sydney Airport's complimentary shuttle bus service between the T1 International and T2/T3 Domestic terminals. The service currently operates every 30 minutes. The journey takes approximately 10 minutes.

Do I have to go through customs for a connecting flight in Sydney?

For those arriving internationally and connecting to a domestic flight: You will need to clear customs and immigration, which can take upwards of an hour if busy. You will need to transfer on the airside bus, which can take ten minutes when it arrives.

How long does Sydney Customs take?

You can clear customs and immigration for departing flights ex-SYD within 15 minutes, even on peak times such as Christmas and Easter. If you can use eGates arrivals can take usually 30 minutes, if you have goods to declare, then it will be another 15 minutes.

What happens when you arrive in Sydney Airport?

Get testedYou must take a COVID-19 test (rapid antigen or PCR) within 24 hours of your arrival in NSW. A rapid antigen test is a self-test you can do at home. Pack your own rapid antigen test kits to ensure you have ready access on arrival in NSW. For a PCR test see clinic locations.

How to transfer from Sydney international to domestic terminals

Sources: Stack Exchange - This article follows the attribution requirements of Stack Exchange and is licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0.

Images: Kalia Chan, Gilberto Olimpio, Catarina Sousa, Tom Fisk